Mark Twain said:
“Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual…”
At Deadline we know well how difficult it is to stay true to our resolutions and that reason we have decided not to try anything new this year. No ‘helicopter deliveries’, express couriers at your door ‘under 1 minute’ or recruiting our drivers in ‘modelling agencies’. We will simply continue to do what we did well last year… to provide the best courier and parcel delivery service in Ireland.
To encourage you all this year, we have decided to give one away a €50 One4all gift card. All you need to do is visit our Facebook page and (1) Post your own resolution (2) Like our page. A draw will take place on 2pm, Thursday 14th January (2016) to pick a winner who will be announced in Facebook.
And just to encourage you all, here are a few suggestions of ‘perfectily doable’ resoluions.
- Actually work from home on my telecommuting days.
- Get dressed before noon…or at the very least, before the video conferencing call with my boss.
- Less e-mailing? Cancel at least a few of the 9 or 10 e-mail accounts I currently have.
- Not talk on my mobile phone while in the bathroom doing…
- Never pull away from the gasoline pump… with the hose still in the tank
- Try and drive at or under the speed limit… at least when I’m not hungry, tired or late.
- Watch more television – it IS the “window into the world”, right?
- Get two friends to START smoking… that way I’ll feel less guilty that I don’t seem able to quit.
- Play harder, work less … who needs a paycheck anyway?
- Wear something other than sweat pants to the grocery store
- Stop repeating myself again, and again, and again.
- Wear something other than sweat pants to the grocery store… oops… there I go again!
- Stop procrastinating… (I think I just might start next month).
- Gain some weight… I think I caught a glimpse of one of my ribs in the mirror yesterday.
- Read something this year… other than the comics and the RTE Guide
- Drive myself to the fitness center… walking there makes me perspire.
- Stop leaving my dirty gym socks lying in the middle of the floor. I’ll leave them on the kitchen table, where they’re easier to reach.
- Read those books I bought 5 years ago on “how to improve my memory”… I keep forgetting to read them.
- Be more decisive… I’ll absolutely try to attempt to think about resolving to be more decisive, if I possibly can.
Good luck everyone 😉